Sunday 8 March 2015

Copperlicious


Coppers and I have an attraction.. When I see them, I just need them, I have to have them, they make me feel warm and fuzzy inside and I have the most strange urge to want to eat them.  Random.  Anyone else?  Mmm ok, moving on. 

So when I saw that Sugarpill Cosmetics had brought out nine new loose eyeshadows and one of them so happened to be the most beautiful copper called Penelope I just had to have it!

While unwrapping it, I felt slightly ashamed of myself, did I really need another copper eyeshadow?  I mean I do already own MAC's Copper Sparkle albeit a vintage one but then I swatched it and my question was answered, yes,I did need this in my life.  
Left- Sugarpill's Penelope, Right-MAC's Copper Sparkle (no filter)
The colour is just delicious and it is different to Copper Sparkle, I find Penelope much easier to wear, either with a more natural look or a fully amped up copper look, it is just lovely or should I say.... yummy. 

The swatches above are straight onto my skin, no primer, the pigmentation on both is amazing!  I find Penelope has a slightly more pink tone compared to Copper Sparkle which is slightly more of a bronze tone.  I personally think that's why I find Penelope easier to wear as it suits my skin tone better, but if you want more of a bronze tone I'd say Copper Sparkle is the one for you. 



Penelope more intense look
To make Sugarpill's Penelope more intense I used MAC's painterly paint pot as a base and wet a flat brush with MAC's Fix+ and packed it onto the lid.  I then lined the eyes with black eyeliner. 

I must admit I thought it was totally going to crease and flake off but it didn't! I was super impressed and it lasted all day!  Maybe it was the painterly base, I will definitely be trying this application with other loose shadows I own and see if I have the same positive outcome.  

Penelope neutral look
For a more neutral look I used Charlotte Tilbury's Champagne Diamonds all over my lid and used Penelope on the outer V corners of my eyes, just packing the loose dry eyeshadow on and blended them together with a large fluffy brush, I lightly lined my lash line with a brown liner and added some more Penelope on top to define the eyes.

I can't wait to try out loads of different looks with this versatile loose eyeshadow, next I think I will be using a dark base, or maybe even mixing it in with a green smokey eye could be cool, oh the possibilities are endless!


Pink Lips and Pugs
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Lips and Pugs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig