Tuesday 30 June 2015

My Favourite Concealers


I feel like concealers and I have had a love/love relationship since my first (juicy) spot at the start of puberty, and although I have long grown out of my pubescent stage, my spots decided they loved me soo much they would stick around for the long haul- gee thanks!
From Top Left Clockwise, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-3, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Honey and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-1

I am in love with these concealers, yes ok I am in love with most make-up but these just about save me nearly every single day!

So I have two favourites, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.  In the above photo I have two of each and this is so I have concealers for my summer tanned skin and my winter pale skin. 

I mix between them as the months progress and my tan either fades or deepens. 

I generally use them for different things, I use the Secret Camouflage to diffuse the big red angry spots, the ones I haven't picked yet, or haven't come to anything, so where the skin is still smooth, it works like a dream and the thick oil based texture of it makes it stay put as long as you set it with a powder.

Now when I first got this product I really couldn't understand it, it was hard I couldn't get it on to my brush or finger and it really just didn't work.. but.. as soon as I moved to a warmer climate oh me, oh my, so easy to use.

So I suggest if you live in a cooler climate you will really need to warm it up with your fingers before application and if like me you have the coldest fingers in the world and that doesn't work try scooping a small amount out and warming it out on the back of your hand.

 
I also use the Secret Camouflage as the first stage of a concealer for my dark under eyes and then I top it off with the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.

Two concealers for under the eyes, drastic I hear you say? I have extremely blue under eye circles and this is what it takes for me to look like I haven't lost a boxing match. Now they are both quite heavy so I go in with a light hand and powder straight away to have minimal creasing under the eyes. But I love the combination of them both on my blue eye bags.

The best coverage I have found.

 
Now for those dry scabby not quite gone spots I use the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer to deal with those bad boys, I also use the remainder on a Beauty Blender on any redness I have on my face that I want gone, round the nose and cheek area. Its just a little top up for anything my foundation didn't quite cover. It is exactly what the name suggests a -radiant, creamy, concealer. Great coverage and lasts all day.

If I am in a super rush or just heading the gym I just use a dap of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer on my troublesome areas, mascara, blusher and run out the door. Super quick and easy and gives you that little bit of extra confidence. 

Now I would advise going and trying this on, if you can, to get the correct colour match as if a concealer (anyone) doesn't match your skin tone it's not going to do anything for you.

These concealers are definitely the ones I reach for every day and they are definitely worth trying out if like me you suffer from either gorgeous dark circles or sensational spots.


Pink Lips and Pugs
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Pink Lips and Pugs | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig